‘The Church’ was built in the 1880’s in the city of Rotterdam. It ceased to function as a church in 1982 and was renovated into housing for some 210 students. The renovation conformed to the modern day necessity for standardization. Straight lines and regular forms contrasts the curves and ornate flourishes typical of early church architecture. Each living space is approximately 15m2 and are joined by common corridors.